Ladies: AFC claret blouse (necklaces to sit WITHIN the neckline)
smart full length black trousers OR long black skirt
smart BLACK shoes/boots
small black hand held bag
AFC black folder
Please could all jewellery and bags be as neat and discreet as possible.
Men: Black DJ
AFC claret bow tie
smart white shirt
smart BLACK shoes
dark preferably black socks
AFC black folder
Sorry boys no men-bags!
In addition to our aim of presenting the highest standards of musical performance, we also aim for high standards of presentation in our concerts. To ensure that we achieve this, we ask all singers to note the following:
· Please ensure that you follow all the requirements of the concert dress code so that we appear as a smart, well disciplined choir.
- Line up before going on stage and make a formal entrance as directed by the Chairman/Concert Manager. The concert starts as soon as the choir appears – and before the music begins!
- Remain standing until given the signal to sit, so that we all sit down together. Make sure you have marked your copy with the ‘Stand’ and ‘Sit’ cues.
- Do not talk to each other on stage, or try and communicate with members of the audience, as this gives the impression of an undisciplined choir.
- During the concert, stand to sing on a given signal from the conductor - quietly and together.
- Turn the pages of your music as quietly as possible, trying not to cause any audible distraction during the performance – particularly during solo passages.
- At the end of a performance, wait for the conductor’s signal to stand to take our applause. DO NOT applaud other performers while you are standing up.